1. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi - the then President of Anuvrat Global Organization (ANUVIBHA) was invited by Haya Rashed Al Khalifa - the then - President of the UN General Assembly - as a speaker at the interactive hearing with Civil Society in Panel I entitled "Challenges of Interreligious and Intercultural Cooperation" organized by UN General Assembly on the eve of the High-Level Dialogue in the afternoon of Oct. 4, 2007.
A view of the Interactive Hearing held at UN headquarters on Oct. 4, 2007.
Dr. S.L. Gandhi is seen (second from left) among the panel speakers at the dais.
2. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi and Mr. Tejkaran Jain attended the International Interfaith Dialogue organized by the Community of Saint Egidio at Krakow from Sept. 5 to 8, 2009. Dr. Gandhi made a presentation on the Jaina Way to Peace, Harmony and Social Excellence at a Panel on 7th Sept. 2009
Dr. Gandhi speaks at a panel on Faiths and Values of Religions at the
organized by the Community of Sant Egidio
at Krakow (Poland) on Sept. 7th, 2009
A view of the audience at Krakow
3. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi - the then President of ANUVIBHA and Mr. Tejkaran Jain - the then Executive President of ANUVIBHA - attended the 62nd Annual UN-DPI/NGO Conference at Mexico held from Sept. 9 to 11, 2009. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi led a workshop on Eliminating Weapons of Mass Destruction and Dismantling Terror through the Power of Nonviolence. Mr. Kirit Daftary - President of Anuvrat Global Organization of North America and Mr. Tejkaran Jain (Surana) spoke at the workshop from a Jaina Perspective. Mr. Jaspreet Singh - the representative of the United Sikhs USA made his presentation from a Sikh Perspective.
Summarizing his observations Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi who led the workshop and also acted as the moderator of the above workshop remarked that the power of ahimsa is infinite and tremendous and it was amply demonstrated first by M.K. Gandhi who used it as a powerful weapon to defeat the mighty British and win freedom for India. Later in the sixties Martin Luther King Jr. used it successfully to win equal rights for the vast Negro population of USA. In the nineties Mr. Nelson Mandela who also followed Gandhi's example of nonviolent resistance, succeeded in his struggle against racial discrimination in South Africa and became its president. When Communal riots broke out in Gujarat in 2002 Acharya Mahapragya, who was already leading Ahimsa Yatra, took it to the strife-torn Gujarat and used ahimsa as an instrument for extinguishing the flames of communalism and healing the wounds. Nonviolence alone can become an antidote not only to nuclear destruction but also to terrorism.
Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi chairing a workshop on eliminating weapons of mass
destruction through the power of ahimsa organized by
United Nations -
Department of Public Information at Mexico.
The Other speaker were Mr. Tejkaran Jain - the then Executive President
of Anuvibha, Mr. Kirit Daftary - President - Anuvrat Global Organization of
North America and Mr. Jaspreet Singh of United Sikhs
4. Mr. Tejkaran Jain (Surana), an eminent social worker and Anuvrat Worker of Delhi, was unanimously elected as the new President of Anuvrat Global Organization (ANUVIBHA) by the general assembly of Anuvrat Vishva Bharati Society held at Children's Peace Palace, Rajsamand (Raj.) INDIA on Oct. 12, 2009. He succeeded Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi.
5. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi was later elected as the International President by this very general assembly of Anuvibha on Oct. 12, 2009 itself.
6. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi - the International President of Anuvibha - was the Scholar ion Residence at the Nonviolence Training Camp organized by JVB London Centre in London under the spiritual leadership of Samani Prasanna Pragya and Samani Rohit Pragya from Nov. 4 to 10, 2009. Dr. Gandhi delivered a series of lectures at this camp on the many facets of ahimsa. Prior to it he also acted as the Scholar in Residence at a special camp for a group of Italians held from Nov. 1 to 4, 2009.
Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi is speaking on nonviolence at the Nonviolence Training
Camp organized by JVB London Centre from Nov. 1 to 10, 2009
under the auspices of Samanis Prasanna Pragya and Rohit Pragya
A view of the Participants of Nonviolence Training Camp
held at JVB London Centre
7. Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi, the International President of ANUVIBHA, made two presentations at the Parliament of the World's Religions held at Melbourne from Dec. 3 to 9, 2009. At a panel on Jainism and Environment he presented a New Model of Nonviolent Lifestyle and Ecological Living from a Jaina perspective. He also made a presentation at another panel entitled "The Role of Religion in Mediating Conflict at the Melbourne Parliament."
Dr. Sohan Lal Gandhi speaking at the Panel on Janism and Environment in
Melbourne at the Parliament of the World's Religions on Dec. 8th, 2009
8. Mr. Sanchay Jain, Secretary General - ANUVIBHA made a special presentation on the Balodaya model of education for children as being experimented at the Children's Peace Palace, Rajsamand (Raj.) India. His presentation created a deep impact on the minds of the participants specially from USA and Europe who acclaimed it as the surest way to inculcate in children a culture of peace and nonviolence and prepare them as role models of nonviolent lifestyle to wean the youths off the cult of hatred.
Shri Sanchay Jain - Secretary General Anuvibha presents Balodaya
Model of education at the Parliament of the World's Religions Melbourne
on Dec. 9th, 2009
A view of the audience at Melbourne
9. Mr. Naresh Mehta, Vice-President of ANUVIBHA participated in the Melbourne Parliament and shared his vision with international delegates.
A view of JVB Booth at the
2009 Parliament of the World's Religions, Melbourne